Nanofibers have exceptionally high surface area-to-volume ratio and high porosity, which makes them attractive materials for a range of applications. They have wide-ranging morphologies, and are produced using a variety of materials such as:
- Carbon nanomaterials (carbon nanotubes, graphene, other carbon nanofibers)
- Synthetic polymers
- Semiconducting nanomaterials
- Composite nanomaterials.
- Wood and other pulp (cellulose nanofibers)
Techniques such as centrifugal spinning, electrospinning, meltblowing and bicomponent spinning have been studied extensively for the production of nanofibers with varying degrees of commercial success. There have also been several new synthesis methods developed.
The market for nanofibers generally encompasses polymer nanofibers, alumina nanofibers and to a lesser extent carbon nanofiber (mainly part of the carbon nanomaterials market) and cellulose nanofibers. Main applications of nanofibers are:
- Energy Storage (battery separators, conductive additives for batteries).
- Air/water filtration (membranes).
- Bio medical (bone/skin regeneration, tissue scaffolds, hydrogel bandages for woundcare).
- Protective textiles and wearable electronics.
Report contents include:
- Market volume for nanofibers, historical and forecast to 2028.
- Current products.
- Stage of commercialization for nanofiber applications by company.
- Market drivers, trends and challenges, by end user markets.
- End user market assessment for nanofibers in composites, textiles, medical and healthcare, electronics, filtration, batteries, sensors, acoustics etc.
- In-depth market assessment of opportunities for nanofibers including potential revenues, growth rates, pricing, most likely applications and market challenges.
- In-depth company profiles, include products, capacities, production processes and commercial activities.
Published July 2018 | 393 pages, 131 tables, 78 figures | Table of contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS
|Full Report||PDF download||393||£975|
|Full Report||Print edition (inc. P&P)||393||£1025|
|Full Report||PDF and print||393||£1050|
|2||REPORT SCOPE AND METHODOLOGY||4||Free|
|3||NANOFIBERS TECHNICAL OVERVIEW||12||£150|
|4||NANOFIBERS MARKET DYNAMICS||9||£100|
|5||NANOFIBERS TECHNOLOGY READINESS LEVEL (TRL)||2||£50|
|6||NANOFIBER INDUSTRY ANALYSIS||14||£150|
|7||MARKETS FOR NANOFIBERS||158||£400|
|8||NANOFIBER COMPANY PROFILES (125 company profiles)||122||£400|
To order by invoice or find out more about this report please contact:
Future Markets, Inc,
Phone: +44 (0) 207 112 7500
Mobile: +44 (0) 7886128735