Smart coatings are coating systems that are capable of responding dynamically to external changes in their environment. These types of coatings elicit a sensory response to environmental stimuli such as changes in temperature or current and respond accordingly.
Although smart coatings are not new, the growing development of nanotechnology and advanced materials has opened new avenues for multi-functional coatings that sense and react to stress, pressure, corrosion, radiation and biological stimuli. The incorporation of multifunctional, smart nanofillers to polymer matrix results in a range of unique properties.
Examples of smart coatings include stimuli responsive, conductive, self-healing, and super hydrophobic systems. This report assesses the latest technical developments in the smart coatings market including:
Smart coating types analysis
The global smart coating market is segmented into self-healing coatings, electrochromic coatings, thermochromic coatings, hydrophobic coatings, superhydrophobic coatings, oleophobic and omniphobic coatings and piezoelectric coatings.
Smart coating producer competitive analysis
The key players in the global smart coating market are profiled including products and target markets.
Smart coating end user market analysis
The global smart coating end user application market is segmented into aerospace, automotive, construction, consumer electronics, marine, medical & healthcare, military & defence, packaging, textiles and apparel, energy, oil & gas.
This report will answer the following questions:
- How large is the current market for smart coatings?
- What is the status of these technology areas?
- What is driving deployment of these coatings?
- What are the potential market opportunities?
- Who are developing these coatings and in what market?
Report contents include:
- Stage of commercialization for smart coatings, from basic research to market entry.
- Market drivers, trends and challenges, by end user markets.
In-depth market assessment of opportunities for smart coatings including potential revenues, growth rates etc.
- In-depth company profiles, including products, capacities, and commercial activities.
- Detailed forecasts for key growth areas, opportunities and user demand.
- Companies profiled in the report include Autonomic Materials, Covestro, SLIPS Technologies, Suprapolix BV, Battelle, Oceanit, Tesla Nanocoatings and many more.
Revised May 2018 (27 additional pages of content from previous edition) | 282 pages | Table of contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS & PRICING
|Full Report||PDF download||282||1000|
|Full Report||Print edition (inc. P&P)||282||1025|
|Full Report||PDF and print||282||1050|
|2||TYPES OF SMART COATINGS||11||£90|
|3||ANTI-CORROSION SMART COATINGS||6||£50|
|4||ANTI-ICING SMART COATINGS||5||£50|
|5||ANTI-FOULING AND EASY-TO-CLEAN SMART COATINGS||3||£30|
|6||ANTI-MICROBIAL SMART COATINGS||4||£40|
|11||OLEOPHOBIC AND OMNIPHOBIC COATINGS||4||£30|
|13||POLY(IONIC LIQUID) COATINGS||2||£10|
|14||METAL–ORGANIC FRAMEWORK (MOF) COATINGS||2||£10|
|15||SMART COATINGS MARKET SEGMENT ANALYSIS, BY END USER MARKET||172||£600|
To purchase by invoice (bank transfer or cheque) contact firstname.lastname@example.org